The moment a company is formed, there are standards and requirements it has to meet; standards that demonstrate its abilities to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulation requirements. In the light of this, ISO 9001 was published by an international agency which is composed of the national standards bodies of over 160 countries of the world. The current version was released in 2015-ISO 9001, and this forms the core of our discussion.
WHAT IS ISO 9001 AND ITS EXTENT OF APPLICATION?
ISO 9001 is an international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). It is not only the most popular, but also the most prominent of the ISO 9000 series, and the only standard in the series to which organisations can certify. Of importance is the fact that its scope extends to any organisation, size and industry location notwithstanding. Its core benefit to businesses in Australia is that it provides businesses with vital resources, framework and procedures which ensure an effective and effective means of improved qualitative client service. ISO 9001 therefore has a methodology of reviewing the structure, responsibilities and procedures required to achieve effective quality management in an organisation through documented information, planning, human resource management, measurement, analysis, improvement of the QMS through activities like internal audits, corrective and preventive action, and ultimately product realisation, including the steps from design to delivery.
Since change is the only constant thing, even in organisational environments, ISO 9001 helps organisations and industries easily adapt to the ever-rotating change in their work and production environment.
WHAT DOES YOUR BUSINESS REALLY GAIN FROM ISO 9001?
A sure benefit of ISO 9001 is that your organisation would be able to consistently provide services to your customers, which would place a premium on their satisfaction and also that of the management. ISO 9001 includes specifications, which help your organisation:
- Retain its customer base by helping your organisation improve the efficiency and effectiveness of customer delivery, and by extension, their satisfaction
- Provide your company, industry or organisation with an edge over others. It helps you stand out with the services you provide and ultimately provide, advertise and market you effectively
- Organise a quality management system which reduces cost and wastage’s, while increasing profit, efficiency operations and promoting higher sales. Click here for enquiries
WHY YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS AN ISO 9001 CERTIFICATION
Businesses definitely need to be accredited. This ensures and verifies that you are not a robot. It helps customers to be at ease with you and have confidence in your business. ISO 9001 is the only standard to which your organisation can certify, which by implication, means that your organisation must follow its requirements, meet customer, statutory and regulatory requirements, while also maintaining documentation. The certification process entails the implementation of the ISO 9001 standard and also completing a successful registrar’s audit, confirming that your organisation meets those requirements. See link.
IN NEED OF AN ISO 9001 ACCREDITATION SPECIALIST?
It is quite instructive to state that while your business must be certified, you will definitely need to show such certification before you can make contractual agreements, negotiations or submit a tender. Your business also requires solutions that are unique, a major way to keep track of and improve your performance. There are experts who offer comprehensive guidance for the development and maintenance of your ISO 9001 certification. Core areas of these operations include:
- Integrating all your ISO standards, where possible, to create seamless systems for success.
- Minimising change by customising your business’ solution to your unique needs and culture
- Developing an internal audit system that works for your business, irrespective of your location.
- Saving time and resources by limiting duplication of documents
- Creating user-friendly tools that are easy to maintain and change, as your needs do.
Having said this, you need not fret or look elsewhere in search of certification for your business. We are right at your doorstep, and you can be assured that with Integrated Consulting Solutions, you are safe. See link for more info.